Here is a simple drill to help anybody who is struggling with their down swing or their transition.
Watch the video to see a simple downswing drill to help develop the correct transition. The correct transition is where you create speed from the ground up, lower body first, then shoulders, then arms, and lastly the clubhead. A good transition can help with many aspects of the swing.
– Increase Club head Speed.
– Re-position the club onto the correct plane, increasing accuracy.
– Fix Over the Top – Slicing.
– Increase Separation between lower body and upper body.
– Increase compression on the ball, fixing heavy and thin shots.
– Improved Weight Transfer, fixing Hanging Back.
– The correct use of the lower body can help fix Early Release, and Scooping.